CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION CHARTER
- The Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s.’s commitment to protecting privacy
- The principles for protecting your personal data
- Scope of application
- What personal data is collected?
- When is your personal data collected?
- For what purposes?
- Conditions of third-party access to your personal data
- Data security
- Storage of data
- Access and modification
- Questions and contacts
- THE Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s.’s COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING PRIVACY
Because we consider you an important customer, our first priority is to offer you exceptional times and stays in our hotel. Your complete satisfaction and confidence in our hotel are absolutely essential to us.
That’s why, as part of our commitment to meeting your expectations, we have set up a customer privacy protection policy. This Charter formalizes our commitments to you and describes likeBiscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s.(Data Controller) uses your personal data with the new Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation). The European Data Protection Regulation is applicable as of May 25th, 2018 in all member states to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe.
“Personal data” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read this document describing our customer privacy protection policy.
This Personal Data Protection Charter forms part of the terms and conditions that govern our hotel services. By accepting these terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this Charter.
- THE PRINCIPLES FOR PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Transparency: When collecting and processing your personal data, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data.
Legitimacy:We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this Charter.
Relevance and accuracy: We will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
Storage:We will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing the same in compliance with the provisions of the law.
Access, rectification, opposition: You may access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving sales and marketing information. The details of the department to contact in this respect are shown below in the clause 12.
Confidentiality and security: We will ensure reasonable technical and organizational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss, or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
Sharing and international transfer: We may share your personal data with third parties (such as commercial partners and/or service providers) for the purposes set out in this Charter. We will take appropriate measures to guarantee security when sharing or transferring such data. For any questions concerning the principles of data protection, please contact the Data Controller whose details appear in the clause “Access and modification”.
- SCOPE OF APPLICATION
This Charter applies to all data processing implemented in our hotels and managed hotels of Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as an Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. customer, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your membership number for the Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. loyalty program or another partner program (for example, the airline loyalty program)
- Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example, smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our establishments.
The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. by an adult. We do not deliberately collect sensitive information, such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation. Moreover, depending on applicable local laws, other information could be considered sensitive, such as your credit card number, your leisure activities, personal activities and hobbies, and whether or not you are a smoker.
Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. may be obliged to collect such information in order to meet your requirements or provide you with an appropriate service, such as a specific diet.
In this case, depending on the laws in force in certain countries, your prior consent may be required with regard to the collection of sensitive information.
- WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
Booking a room
Checking-in and paying
Eating/drinking at the hotel bar or restaurant during a stay
Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
Participation in marketing programs or events:
Signing up for loyalty programs
Participation in customer surveys (for example, the Guest Satisfaction Survey)
Online games or competitions
Subscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions via email.
Transmission of information from third parties:
Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, and others
Connection to www.hotelbiscari.com websites (IP address, cookies)
Online forms (online reservation, questionnaires, Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. pages on social networks, network login devices such as Facebook login etc.).
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES?
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
- Meeting our obligations to our customers.
Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests:
- Creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards.
Managing your stay at the hotel:
- Monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.)
- Managing access to rooms
- Internal management of lists of customers having behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hotel (aggressive and anti-social behavior, non-compliance with the hotel contract, non-compliance with safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism, or payment incidents).Improving our hotel service, especially:
- Processing your personal data in our customer marketing program in order to carry out marketing operations, promote brands and gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes
- Adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements
- Customizing commercial offers and the promotional messages we send to you
- Informing you of special offers and any new services created by Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. or one of its subsidiaries.Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay:
- Managing the loyalty program
- Providing details for the customer database
- Segmentation operations based on reservation history and customer travel preferences with a view to sending targeted communications
- Predicting and anticipating future behaviors
- Developing statistics and commercial scores, and carrying out reporting
- Providing context data for the offer push tool when a customer visits a Group website or makes a reservation
- Knowing and managing the preferences of new or repeat customers
- Sending you newsletters, promotions and tourist, hotel or service offers, or offers from Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. partners, or contacting you by telephone;
- Managing requests to unsubscribe from newsletters, promotions, tourist offers and satisfaction surveys
- Taking into account the right to object
- Using a dedicated telephone service to search for persons staying in Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. hotels in the event of serious events affecting the hotel in question (natural disasters, terrorist attacks etc.).
- Use a trusted third party to cross-check, analyze and apply certain devices to your collected data at the time of booking or at the time of your stay, in order to determine your interests and your customer profile, and to allow us to send you personalized offers.Improving Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. services, especially:
- Carrying out surveys and analyses of questionnaires and customer comments
- Managing claims/complaints
- Offering you the benefits of our loyalty program.Securing and enhancing your use of Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. websites, especially:
- Improving navigation
- Implementing security and fraud prevention.
- Conforming to local legislation (for example, storing of accounting documents).
- CONDITIONS OF THIRD-PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our first priority is to offer you exceptional times and stays in our hotel, so we have to share your personal data with internal and external recipients subject to the following conditions:
- Within the Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s., in order to offer you the best service, we can share your personal data and give access to authorized personnel from the Hotels, including:
Reservation staff using Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. reservation tools
Commercial partners and marketing services
Medical services if applicable
Legal services if applicable
Generally, any appropriate person within Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. entities for certain specific categories of personal data.
- With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with services and improving your stay, for example:
External service providers: IT sub-contractors, international call centers, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, dispatchers, printers.
Commercial partners: Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. may, unless you specify otherwise to the Data Controller, enhance your profile by sharing certain personal information with its preferred commercial partners. In this case, a trusted third party may cross-check, analyze and apply certain devices to your data. This data processing will allow Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. and its privileged contractual partners to determine your interests and your customer profile, and will allow us to send you personalized offers.
- Local authorities: Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. may also be obliged to send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
- DATA SECURITY
Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical measures (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as a user ID/password system, means of physical protection etc.).
When you submit credit card data when making a reservation, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology is used to guarantee a secure transaction.
- STORAGE OF DATA
We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this Charter or in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
- ACCESS AND MODIFICATION
You have the right to access your personal data collected by Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. and to modify it subject to applicable legal provisions. In the event of difficulty exercising your rights, please contact the Data Controller directly by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org For the purposes of confidentiality and personal data protection, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. You will be asked to include a copy of an official piece of identification, such as a driver’s license or passport, along with your request. If your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please send the appropriate amendments to the Data Controller as indicated above. All requests will receive a response as swiftly as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
We may modify this Charter from time to time. Consequently, we recommend that you consult it regularly, particularly when making a reservation at one of our hotels.
- QUESTIONS AND CONTACTS
For any questions concerning the Biscari hotel di lanzafame o. & c. s.a.s. personal data protection policy, please contact the Data Controller (“Access and modification” clause).